Thursday, February 3, 2011

Emily. In a nutshell. After I've consumed the entire jar of nuts.

Hello!


So this is my very first post. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to do this, but I am a huge procrastinator and our internet connection sucks so I have been unable to post. The procrastination is largely to blame though. Right now, however, I am puppy sitting while watching Getting Even With Dad starring 90s golden boy, Macaulay Culkin so I have some time to post. I guess I should spill the beans about my past and struggle with weight loss. I think it's pretty standard. I have struggled for a while. I like to eat. I like good food. But I am currently the fattest I have ever been in my life. Well, actually, three weeks ago I was the fattest I've ever been in my entire life. I'm still pretty fat. I even act fat. I wear stretch pants. I mean if that's not rock bottom then I don't know what is. Maybe I need to rephrase that. I wear stretch pants ALL THE TIME. I am 25 years old. I like fashion. I get fashion. I could dress well if I could fit into the stuff in my closet. Instead I choose to wear leggings and workout pants all the time. Sometimes I fear my legs look like black sausage. I'm not black. My stretch pants are.


So what led me to being fat? Hmm. Well, genes play a role I'm sure. My parents aren't overweight, but my mom has been cursed with being bottom heavy. She also has spider veins, which is something I am not looking forward to. Dammit, genes. That didn't really become a problem until she had kids. I don't have kids, so I have no excuse. I am in a serious relationship, so that played a major role in my gaining weight. Still does, actually. And the other reasons? I like to drink, I eat late at night, and (drumroll) I love to eat. So nothing really new except for the fact I've been in grad school for advertising the past two years. My health took a major back seat. What's funny is that prior to grad school I was in Italy for four months working as an au pair, and I lost over fifteen pounds while I was there, and I was the skinniest I had ever been. I ate what I wanted, I drank wine, and I even had real sugar. They don't believe in Splenda over there. I did walk or bike everywhere I went, and I think the fact that I wasn't so weight-focused helped me lose.


Now, however,  I need to be weight-focused. And so, for the 456th time, I joined Weight Watchers. I need to fix this mess I've gotten my body into. I know the program works, and I am loving the new PointsPlus program. And it's nice to have Sarah to hold me accountable. I'm really afraid I'm going to slip and call her by her real name.


Oh I almost forgot. The main reason for this blog. Um, yeah. I still like the Backstreet Boys. I bought a backstage pass that set me back $500. I know, I know. It probably wasn't the smartest move financially. I don't care. I get to meet them. I get to take a picture with them. And I refuse to be fat. I might cry when I meet them, and fat chicks look really pathetic when they cry. Maybe that's callous of me to say, but it's true. I want to be smoking hot when I meet them because I want to frame that picture (and possible blow it up to life sized). I want them to want to sleep with me. Maybe even proposition. Of course, I am in a great relationship and will have to turn them down. But I want the opportunity to be there. I think they're pretty much all taken. Nick might be my only option. So, I want Nick to want to sleep with me. 


As of today, I have lost 6.8 pounds and haven't gained any back yet. My Weight Watchers week starts on Thursday, and I attend a meeting and my extra weekly points reset. I can't believe we get 49 extra points on the new program. Amazeballs. Last week I was not very good at tracking, so this week might be my first gain (or zero lost) yet. Cross your fingers. 


Alright, the puppy is starting to bite my ankles. I don't like that. I must digress. More soon. From here on out, I think Sarah and I are going to be blogging in the form of letter-writing to each other.


Until next time, 


Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment